Written by Anuja Vaidya April 17, 2018
The Joint Commission identified the requirements most commonly cited as "not compliant" during surveys for various types of accreditation and certification for calendar year 2017.
Here are the top five requirements identified as "not compliant" for hospital accreditation surveys.
Note: The figures represent non-compliance percentage for each standard.
1. The hospital provides and maintains systems for extinguishing fires — 86 percent
2. The hospital manages risks associated with its utility systems — 73 percent
3. The hospital provides and maintains building features to protect individuals from the hazards of fire and smoke — 72 percent
4. The hospital reduces the risk of infections associated with medical equipment, devices and supplies — 72 percent
5. The hospital established and maintains a safe, functional environment — 70 percent
from Becker's Clinical Leadership and Infection Control